Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
Turbochargers are undeniably hot. This part of your car becomes handy when adding an extra boost to your driving experience. But you need to cool down the hot compressed air produced by the turbocharger. Here, an intercooler becomes important.
- 1 Top 10 Best Intercooler - March 2021
- 2 Top 4 Best Intercooler Reviews
- 3 Conclusion
Top 10 Best Intercooler
Top 4 Best Intercooler Reviews
The market has loads of brands and models of intercoolers. This makes it hard for you to pick the best. But there’s nothing for you to worry about. We have prepared a list of thoroughly reviewed intercoolers available in the market. Remember to weigh the pros and cons of the product before placing an order. So, let’s start our rundown of the best in the market.
Mishimoto Universal Intercooler Z- line is a high-quality intercooler. If you’re looking for a device to withstand heat and compression, this item would be great for you. This product has great reviews that raise the interest of many buyers. Plus, it has an awesome black color and excellent cooling capacity.
It is 6061 aluminum and constructed to perfection. It has a total size of 28″ x 7.5″ x 2.5″, and its size can withstand high-boost pressures.
- It can withstand high horsepower and various types of weather
- This is a perfect fit for compact cars
- It has a perfect cooling process. It lessens the pressure, and the produced heat of the car
- It is universal, but it may not fit to many car turbos. Thus, there is a need for some to customize and resize it.
- It is average, unlike bigger intercoolers
- It costs more than other brands
AJP Distributors first released this product last July 26, 2015. It comprises aluminum, which is lightweight. It has a tube and fin design. All TG Wielded 6061 Aluminum and has a max PSI of 30 which ranges up to 400HP. PSI Drop under 0.2 while others usually drop 10 PSI or more. The core size is 23.5@ x 11″ with 2.8″ inlet/outlet. Its thread pitch is M8-1.25.
- The seller responds to buyer’s queries.
- The product comes with nuts and bolts with some flat straps. A custom setup is a must.
- It cools well and is sturdy.
- Comes with threaded mounting tabs mounted on so fabricating brackets are easier.
- It is lighter than expected
- Brackets are not included. One has to fabricate it by themselves.
- Since it is universal, need to measure if this is the size that you need.
- It’s not made for any specific vehicles.
- It’s out of stock at the moment and there’s no update whether or when will the item be back in stock.
I was looking for an intercooler at Amazon when I stumbled upon a brand named Mishimoto. The sleek and minimalist design of this product first caught my attention. This intercooler is perfect for those who only need smaller turbo applications. It has four M8 x 1.25 threaded universal mounting points and an 24.5″ x 11.75″ x 3″ overall size. Its tank wall is 5mm thick and the inlet and outlet size is 3″ and weighs about 6.35 pounds. There are three variations of color: Black, Bronze and White.
- Lifetime warranty
- 6061 Aluminum that can withstand high boost pressure
- Mishimoto’s intercooler is engineered to have a low pressure drop to sustain efficacy.
- Reduces air temperature.
- Premium packaging to protect the product during shipment.
- Perfect for tight location front mount
- Great value for money.
- Easy to install
- Fits perfectly
- Measurement describe were not accurate
Another brand of intercooler is the AJP Distributors Universal FMIC Front Mount Intercooler. This product comes in two colors, black and silver made of aluminum.
The tube and fin design are lightweight, with a specific measurement of 27.5’’ X 7″ x 2.375″. It also has an all TIG Welded 6601 Aluminum. The measurement of the inlet is 2.5″ and weighs 7.81 pounds.
- Modification through requiring installations
- Easy to assemble and install
- It has thin fins, which make it bendable
- No installation guides included in the package
- Has poorly done welds
- Can cause leakages
Among all intercoolers out in the market today, these four are the best. Its cooling construction performs at its best. All these intercoolers can assist your engine in maintaining cooler air. These intercoolers also have lower pressure drop to keep your setup efficient. They can withstand high boost pressures that are the usual cause of engine failure.