Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
A herd of cute baby piglets and their mothers and perhaps a couple of old males while you’re standing 50 yards away can be a very humbling sight. But don’t be fooled. Hogs are aggressive animals. In various parts of the world, tracking down these creatures has become popular because they reproduce quickly and threaten local farms. We consider hogs territorial and hostile. If directly threatened, their fight-or-flight instincts arise. That is why calling them rather than chasing them is a better idea.
Top 10 Best Electronic Hog Calls
Top 4 Best Electronic Hog Calls Reviews
Hog calling is a method that encourages the wild pigs to approach you. And it has usually done with the help of electronic hog calls. Listed below are four electronic game callers that apply to hogs and other wild beasts.
This handheld electronic game call device focuses mainly on the functionality a hog hunter needs. It’s not too pricey, and it is easy to use. Thus, it is perfect for both novice and experienced hunters. It offers actual animal recordings with digital features. It focuses on projecting reverberations ideal for proximate game encounters. The five calls present in this device include Feeding Frenzy, Feeding Piglets, Fighting Boar, Social Grunts, and Contended Feeding.
- It is easy to use and easy to carry during the hunt.
- Ergonomic design fits the hand for easy grip and an easy thumb dial that functions as an on/off sound adjustment.
- Has authentic animal recordings that function specifically for close game encounters.
- Sound quality is okay at low-level settings, but when turned high, you’ll get a fuzzy static sound.
- Does not have an external jack.
This is configured for day and night game hunters. The Mantis 75R is a small compact game caller with a pivoting legs design that makes it easier to latch onto and use as a hand call. It includes 75 programmed calls and emits sound. It comes with remote control powered by 2032 button cell batteries and functions up to 300 feet.
- It’s a top of the line GSM product
- It has 75 programmed calls
- Rubberized pivoting legs with lock in position for easy grip
- It has a 4-way keypad selection, LCD screen, volume control, and an LCD screen with a backlight
- It features a button for sound activation and random repeat
- It is impossible to load other calls since it is built-in and doesn’t have an app to adjust it with.
- The remote only plays and halts the calls, and it does not allow you to switch calls, so you have to change the setting from the unit itself.
This product has almost the same specifications as the first one, and the apparent difference is that this iHunt XSB speaker is smaller. The design is more like a walkie-talkie. Regardless of the size, this little game call puts out many sounds up to 105 decibels. Overall, it is small enough to stow away easily but loud enough to draw in hogs and other games.
- Appropriate for outdoor use given its weather-resistant composition, well-made circuitry, and shockproof speakers.
- It is also cost-effective because not only you are getting an application with 750 calls but also other useful programs like GPS locator, Solunar Times, weather forecast, and Activity log
- Its speakers provide quality animal sounds
- Operating the device is pretty easy because its programming is simple, and there are already unique built-in features to set you up before going on a hunting
- Its small size makes it convenient and portable
- The full iHunt app is not free, and you can unlock all the advertised 750 calls through in-app purchase
- There are also a few bugs with connectivity, and the range scope isn’t that accurate
This iHunt Bluetooth Speaker does wonders for both experienced and novice hunters. There are various calls to select from, and the device churns out a quality 115-decibel sound with a fine range of amplification that is adjustable. The speaker is also honed to work with the iHunt mobile application with over 59 species and 750 calls. With its good Bluetooth scope, you can link your phone with no issue even 10-20 feet away.
- You are not only getting an application with 750 calls but also other useful programs like GPS locator, Solunar times, weather forecast, and Solunar Times
- Provides audible animal sounds.
- Easy to use because of its simple programming, and there is a unique template of settings to prepare you before going on the field.
- The speaker is appropriate for outdoor use, given its weather resistance and its well-made circuitry.
- The entire iHunt app is not free, and they lock some advertised calls when you first install the app.
- Since it is a Bluetooth device, there are a few bugs in connectivity, and the range scope isn’t that accurate.
A good electronic hog call device will enable you to call the hogs using various settings. It should also allow you to use both proprietary hog calls and free pig calling sounds. Feral hog hunting is a risky venture, but with the proper procedure and the best electronic hog call, you’ll be able to lure these notorious predators in no time.